At MediaFast, we often get asked questions about video brochures. As a result, we decided to put together this list of top 10 questions and answers about them for those interested.
- What is the Minimum Order? We don’t have a minimum order and can produce a single brochure for anyone who would like just one. The cost for a single branded prototype is approximately $300. However, video brochures ordered in bulk typically cost between $25 and $65 per piece.
- How much do they cost? Price is primarily driven by quantity and screen size followed by electronic components like motherboards, speakers, memory, and batteries. Prices range from $25 to $65 per piece depending on the components included. The printed wrap is a lesser cost factor. The price includes full color printing and lamination of the custom paper wrap. Additional treatments like foil, spot UV, embossing and custom papers are also available for additional costs.
- How long does production take? Production time is generally 14 business days after artwork approval.
- Who loads the videos? We load each unit with the customer’s videos and fully charge each lithium battery during production.
- How long does the Lithium battery last? Our standard battery provides 2 hours of continuous play. We also offer larger batteries that can provide up to 40 hours of continuous play for additional costs.
- How do I charge the battery? The battery is charged via a mini USB to USB cable like a cell phone.
- Can I change video content? Yes, you can drag and drop new video files onto each unit (click here for instructions). If you need help formatting the videos correctly, we are available to help.
- How much video content can be loaded and what format does the video need to be? Our standard units contain 256M of memory, which hold approximately 15 minutes of video content. You can upgrade the memory chip to contain much more (1 gig = 60 min). Our 4”, 5”, 7” and 10.1” screens will play .mp4 and .mov video files. Our smaller 2.4” and 2.8” screens use .amv files.
- How many buttons can I have? Standard prices include up to 6 buttons. The most common button types are play/pause, volume up/down, individual video chapters and video scroll forward/back. Button placement is part of the graphic design and should be included in the provided art file. Our design templates address button spacing and placement criteria.
- Will I see a proof before you print my brochures? Yes, we will send an electronic proof via email before production begins.
Didn’t see a question or answer you were hoping to find? Please contact us and we’d be happy to help you learn more about video brochures.