As a business owner, have you ever wondered whether or not this social media ‘hype’ is actually of any value? Perhaps asked yourself if it is worth the time, or money or effort to take advantage of websites like Facebook as part of a marketing campaign?
Well, some interesting statistics surfaced today that might shed some light on the issue. Taken from an infographic that was created by Mashable.com, a popular business and current events and technology website, here are some hard facts describing the impact that social media can have on a business…
- 1 in 3 Small businesses use Facebook.
- 89% of all agencies use Facebook to advertise for their business clients.
- A customer of a specific brand is 79% more likely to make a purchase if they are also fans of the brand on Facebook.
- 74% of Facebook fans are likely to recommend a brand or product, compared to only 38% of customers that are not Facebook fans.
- Apparently, for a company like Apple, a Facebook fan is worth 90% more to them than a regular, non-Facebook fan customer.
- 86% of small businesses feel that Facebook is a valuable marketing tool for their brand.
- Facebook drives 26% of referral traffic to business websites.
- 36% of regular Facebook users post brand-related content on their page.
- 20% of shoppers prefer to make purchases via Facebook rather than on the businesses’ website.
-58% of businesses see a drop in marketing costs after starting to use Facebook!
So the question really is, why wouldn’t your business start to utilize Facebook and other social media websites? To learn more about help with social media strategy or even managed social media, call or email us today!