Point of purchase displays, also known as POP displays, attract the eyes of shoppers. As a result, they increase sales and improve the overall shopping experience.
In retail settings is where they work their magic by persuading shoppers to make impulse purchases or by getting them to try something new. Sometimes they keep shoppers in stores longer, and they do a great job of helping specific products stand out from competitors.
POP displays are available in different types
There are many different types of POP displays that can be used to showcase products. The following list briefly describes some examples:
- Shelf talkers. Signs that attach to retail shelves to help a product stand out from competitors.
- Shelf displays. Independent exhibits with shelves that grab and hold attention on products they are showcasing.
- Floor stands. Free-standing displays designed to provide space for graphics and product demonstrations.
- Window signs. Available in vinyl window clings or full coverage window graphics.
- Banners. Made of materials that support single-sided and double-sided graphics on table tops, walls, fences, etc.
- End cap displays. Made of materials that hang off the ends of rows or aisles and help guide shoppers through retail locations.
- Motion-sensing displays. Displays with motion sensors to activate screens and media players.
- Interactive POP displays. Exhibits that allow products to be explored after they are noticed.
- Shopping cart ads. These provide continuous advertising and great exposure throughout a shopper’s trip because the first thing most shoppers grab when they walk in a store is usually a shopping cart.
As an added bonus, we can now add video screens and speakers to just about anything, including POP displays. To learn more, follow this link: We Can Put a Video Screen in Anything (almost)
POP displays attract the eyes of shoppers and keep them in stores
In retail settings, proper placement of POP displays is critical for success. For this reason, it is important to place them in areas where they’re likely to be seen often by shoppers. For example, they tend to be the most effective around check-out stands and at the end of aisles. With this in mind, as long as they are located in logical locations, an increase in sales tends to result.
Furthermore, the more interesting messages consumers have to look at and read while in stores, the longer they tend to stay. The longer they stay, the more likely they are to make impulse purchases.
Effectively, POP displays provide retailers with a great opportunity to retain the attention of consumers interested enough to be in their stores. With them in place, retailers can ensure more buying decisions are made by people shopping in their locations and more revenue should result.
MediaFast makes unique and attention-grabbing POP displays
It’s true! While you might not typically think of POP displays as “exciting”, we definitely make them that way.
Unique, attention-grabbing POP displays tend to grab the attention of shoppers and add life to retail locations. They can be custom designed, and they’re easy to make amusing. For the sake of opportunity, there is simply too much of it to waste in retail stores for brands to engage shoppers before they leave. The key is to give them something to notice and make it interesting.
Furthermore, the addition of videos in POP displays makes them even more effective. Point of purchase marketing is one of the most inexpensive ways to promote products, and people love videos. They’re inexpensive to make, almost impossible to ignore, and some people will go out of their way just to watch them.