Video marketing generates excellent ROI, and it has been for several years now. In fact, marketing overall has changed quite a lot within the past five years or so. Traditional methods have taken a backseat to digital, and video marketing has become a superstar.
According to Dr. James McQuivey, Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, “If a picture paints 1,000 words then one minute of video is worth 1.8 million.”
I’m not sure if the math works, but this quote clearly illustrates how much more can be said in video in a shorter period of time.
Video marketing creates results you want
Consumers everywhere are spending increasing amounts of time online. Also, people tend to prefer watching video content over reading words or looking at images that aren’t moving or accompanied with sound.
This change in consumer behavior has led knowledgable marketers to change the ways in which they engage prospects.
According to video marketing trends and statistics, people respond better to video content. In response, modern companies now use videos regularly for various business practices like training and motivating, and they’re increasing the amount they use videos in marketing as well. Feedback indicates they’re reaping great benefits because of it, and their employees are happy about it too.
With that said, print marketing continues to be a successful way for companies to promote themselves and sell products or services. However, to peak the interest and capture the attention of a target audience, combining print with video content in products like video brochures has proven to be exceptionally productive.
Data from Hyperfine Media that spotlights video marketing
- Video in emails leads to a 200% – 300% higher click rate.
- Having video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- 64% of users are more likely to buy a product or service after watching a video about it.
- Real estate listings that include video receive 403% more inquiries.
- 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text.
- 50% of executives look for more information about a product or service after watching a video about it.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once per week.
- 65% of executives visit a company’s website after watching a video from them.
- 39% of executives call a vendor after watching a video about something they sell.
- 65% of marketers plan to increase their marketing budgets to ad more videos.
- 87% of online marketers use videos.
- 96% of B2B organizations use video in some way for marketing.
- 73% of B2B organizations report positive ROI from using videos in their marketing.
- 90% of viewers say product videos are helpful in their decision making processes.
- Watching interesting video advertisements increases purchase intent by 97%.
- Watching interesting video advertisements increases brand association by 139%.
- 78% of video viewers prefer to share videos with others when passing on information.
- 33% of all online activity consists of watching videos.
- Consumers are exposed to an average of 32.3 videos each month.
- The average person spends over 16 minutes watching video ads every month.
- 80% of viewers recall a video advertisement they’ve seen in the past 30 days.
- 5% of viewers will stop watching a video after one minute and 60% after two minutes.
- 4 out of 5 viewers will click away if a video stalls while loading according to Google.
- More video content is uploaded in thirty days than all three major U.S. television networks combined have created in thirty years.
- One minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words according to Dr. James McQuivey (referenced above).
Don’t wait – video marketing works great
Due to people’s desire for videos and the positive results achieved with them, video marketing has become a mainstay in the business world. Social integration and enormous investments from internet giants has also fueled this movement.
Simply stated, marketing with videos has gained a vital place among marketing strategies and might be unbeatable as companies try to connect with prospects.
WordStream predicts video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic by 2019. Whether they will be right or not remains to be seen. The point is, video marketing works great and it would be better for your company to start using it sooner rather than later.
To learn more about video marketing or any of our video marketing products, contact us today.