In modern times around the world, advertisement videos are frequently being used in successful marketing. Two major factors are contributing to their success. One is the latest technology has made them affordable. The other is people are somewhat addicted to videos. We watch them on phones, computers, watches, televisions and other digital devices in many different settings.
A successful marketer once coined the phrase “It’s all in the packaging”. That marketing concept has validated itself over and over again throughout many years. It’s why appearance is usually what people are attracted to before wanting more. Quality doesn’t always matter if someone or something is presented well enough. I’m not suggesting skimping on quality is a good business practice. The point of referencing that concept is to emphasize how important packaging is for an appealing presentation. Advertisement videos offer an impressive package.
To illustrate that concept a little further, people are fascinated with body language, especially the body language of others. We continually give and receive wordless signals subconsciously every time we interact. Our nonverbal communications, such as hygiene, facial expressions, posture, gestures, and eye contact speak volumes about us. For example, a smile, a contemptuous glance, a wink, body odor (or lack thereof), upright posture, or eyes engaged rather than down tell others how we feel about them and ourselves. The methods in which companies present themselves and their products or services send impactful messages to consumers as well.
By advertising in a state-of-the-art digital device, companies give consumers a chance to see and hear what they are advertising in a way that is convenient, modern, and impressive.
Here are 10 reasons why advertisement videos make money:
- They engage more senses. People remember 10% of what they hear, 35% of what they see, and 65% of what they see and hear. Because of this, advertisement videos present messages in a way they’ll be remembered.
- They stir emotions. Decisions are often affected by positive emotions people feel when making purchasing decisions, deciding where to go, what to watch, who to vote for, etc.
- They consistently give the same presentation without being affected by mood, appearance, abilities, or thought processes affecting whoever is presenting.
- Advertisement videos can be watched whenever and wherever convenient because electricity and internet access are not required.
- They can be presented to targeted audiences consisting of most likely customers.
- Analytics indicate potential customers often share videos and watch them in groups.
- People have grown accustomed to watching videos regularly.
- The feeling of novelty that advertisement videos create motivates people to watch them.
- They increase the perceived value of the company advertising with them.
- Companies can advertise in more places at any given time without one of their representatives having to be present.
Advertisement videos can be used in any screen-in device. They are commonly found in video brochures, direct mail pieces, window displays at business locations, point of purchase displays (also called POP displays), electronic billboards, and promotional items.
In the digital age we live in, videos provide versatility and produce great value. Companies have success using them for the following reasons: sales, fundraising, exposure, educating, impressing clients, recognition, recruiting, training, and saving money.
With over 20 years of producing high quality marketing products, MediaFast knows how to help clients be successful. They know the right questions to ask and have refined processes to produce the most effective results. Through extensive experience and ingenuity, the MediaFast design team has mastered techniques to secure video screens in many different products and packages to create the most captivating presentations possible. In most cases, companies who use advertisement videos make money because of them.