For many of us, it gets confusing when trying to understand the difference between kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes and terabytes. Then, when we think we understand, a common question is “What does that actually mean and how can I remember it?” Similar to math in school, stuff becomes more clear when we compare apples to apples.
Sizes of kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes and terabytes
For our followers, we’ve taken the liberty of dissecting digital storage size measurements, byte by byte, and converted their hard to remember, abstract names into the storage size measurements that really matter.
- 1 Kilobyte (KB) = 1024 bytes
- 1 Megabyte (MB) = 1024 kilobytes
- 1 Gigabyte (GB) = 1024 megabytes
- 1 Terabyte (TB) = 1024 gigabytes
After seeing this information, you might wonder how you can relate to it. To help you relate, here are some examples:
- A typical text word = 10 bytes
- A resume = 2 KB
- A 5 page Word Document = 30 KB
- A low resolution image = 100 KB
- A digital copy of Pride & Prejudice (e-Book) = 1.2 MB
- A high resolution image = 2 MB
- All novels by Shakespeare = 5 MB
- A Lady Gaga song = 7 MB
- An Adele album = 150 MB or .15 GB
- A pickup truck filled with books = 1 GB
- An episode of The Walking Dead in HD = 2 GB
- A Harry Potter movie in HD = 5 GB
- An entire season of Seinfeld in HD = 23 GB
- All 5 seasons of Breaking Bad in HD = 96 GB
- A typical library = 2 TB
- Documents from U.S. Library of Congress = 10 TB
- The National Climactic Data Center database = 400 TB
Branded USB flash drives make great company swag
Swag is a slang term used to describe the free stuff companies give away for marketing. It is usually branded with a company’s name, logo, colors and anything else a company uses as part of its brand. For companies, swag often creates a professional and consistent image that sends a message of confidence and trust to their clients.
As a rule of thumb, it is always best to give swag people will want to use and can use often throughout all seasons of the year.
Some of the more common items companies use for swag are t-shirts, sweat-shirts, jackets, hats, socks, water bottles, cups, bags, backpacks, umbrellas, frisbees, pens, pins, notepads, notebooks, calendars, keychains, coasters, stickers, and magnets. However, while these items are useful, it is hard to beat giving away custom shaped USB flash drives that can be used for many purposes to help people remember your company.
Get custom USB flash drives from MediaFast
We make custom shaped USB flash drives for companies who use them for many purposes. To have us make USB flash drives for your company, simply send us a drawing, sketch, image or rough draft and we can find a way to make it happen, even if it seems complicated.
Our USB flash drives are affordable. Also, we only use brand new, Grade A components to ensure the best quality in all of our products. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and we provide quick turn-around times. If given the chance, we would love to make custom USB flash drives for your company.